Education is a must for humanity. The very fact that we are most lucky to be born as human beings is so that we can educate ourselves and make a living better for ourselves and others through our learning in different fields.
Education enhances self-growth, knowledge, widens our vision and gives wisdom. Any person cannot explore his or her caliber completely until and unless he or she has been well educated.
And it would be wrong to think that the people in film industry don’t study, as education isn’t of much use for them, because education always helps and in every field. There are number of celebrities who entered the showbiz after completion of their degrees also after excelling in academics.
Let’s go through a list of such celebs who gave education the priority –
1. Amitabh Bachchan – Not just his profession, Amitabh Bachchan took is education very seriously during his youth. He completed his graduation from Sherwood College in Nainital, he went on to do a double major in Science and Arts from Kirori Mal College. And he has also been awarded honorary doctorate degrees from Queensland University in Australia.
2. Shah Rukh Khan – He has been ruling the industry over two decades now, but did you know? Shah Rukh Khan attended St. Columba's School in central Delhi where he excelled in his studies and in sports such as hockey and football, and received the school's most prestigious award, the Sword of Honour. He then went to Hansraj College to earn his bachelor's degree in Economics, later he enrolled for a master's degree in Mass Communications at Jamia Millia Islamia but had to leave midway because of his acting career. Shah Rukh Khan also attended the National School of Drama in Delhi during his early career in Bollywood.
3. Ameesha Patel – Ameesha is a gold medalist in Economics from Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts. Before that she also did Bio-genetic engineering for two years. She was known to be a brilliant student.
4. Siddharth – Do you remember Siddharth from Rang De Basanti fame? He was an all-rounder during his college. He has a Bachelor of Commerce honors degree from Kirori Mal College from University of Delhi. Later he went to do his MBA from SPJIMR, Mumbai and was awarded CNBC Manager of the Year Award 1999 for his eloquent speaking skills.
5. Vidya Balan – The versatile actress first completed her graduation in Sociology from St. Xavier’s college Mumbai and before getting into films also completed her masters in the same subject from Mumbai University.
6. R Madhavan – Madhavan went on to do his graduation in Electronics. He gained a scholarship to represent India as a cultural ambassador. He was recognised as amongst the leading NCC cadets in Maharashtra, which allowed him to make a trip with seven others as NCC cadets to England. He received training with the British Army, the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force. He also earned a postgraduate degree in public speaking and won an award for Indian championship in public speaking and later represented India at the ‘Young Businessmen Conference’ in Tokyo, Japan.
7. John Abraham – He is a perfect example of good looks with brains. After schooling from Bombay Scottish, John went to Jai Hind College, Mumbai for graduation in Economics. Later he got an MBA degree from Narsee Monjee Institute Of Management Studies.
8. Soha Ali Khan – Soha was very good in her studies. Her schooling was from The British School, New Delhi following which she went to Oxford to study Geography. This wasn’t the end, Soha Ali Khan later went to study International Relations at the London School of Economics and Political Science and earned a Masters Degree.
9. Randeep Hooda – Randeep completed his schooling from DPS, R.K. Puram New Delhi has bachelors and masters degree both in business management and human resource management from Melbourne.
10. Parineeti Chopra – Parineeti who always wanted to be an investment banker was very good in studies. During her teenage she moved to London where she received a triple honours degree
Can you name a few more from the industry?