We all love our healthy dose of Bollywood drama every now and then. What if we told you that some of your favourite movies are a Hollywood rip-off?
While there are many original works of art in the Bollywood list, some are either a remake or inspired by some of the best Hollywood movies. Even so, we are not complaining, given that the originals were just as good and entertaining as their Bollywood counter parts. Here’s a list of 10 Bollywood movies which were either an exact remake or a spin-off on Hollywood movies.
1. While both the movies revolve around an underworld family the two movies are different in many aspects
2. Although the two story lines are not entirely the same, they do revolve around a separated father who changes form to be able to spend time with his child/children since their ex-wife holds full custody
3. The Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha story line is a complete rip-off, of the Hollywood movie French Kiss. So much so that it even shares the same climax.
4. Except for the lead couple’s marital status, the two movies share the same story line
5. Partner is almost an exact replica of the Hollywood movie Hitch, with Salman Khan as Will Smith and Govinda as Kevin James
6. While not entirely similar, ‘Maine pyaar kyun kiya’ is definitely a copy of Adam Sandler’s ‘Just go with it’
7. We Are Family is the Bollywood version of Stepmom with a touch of Bollywood Drama
8. Bunty aur Babli & Bonnie and Clyde – Not only is the movie title similar, the two movies are also about a couple who con people and loot them.
9. While not a complete rip out, many of the scenes in Humko Deewana Kar Gaye are inspired or copped from Notting Hill
10. Dostana and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry revolve around the story of two straight men who pretend to be gay in order to avail legal aid
Know any more movies that are a Hollywood rip-off? Tell us in the comments below.