From giving us some out-of-the-box movies to the much talked about weddings, 2018 Bollywood took us on a roller coaster ride. We know most of you won't even remember what happened in these 365 days. So here we are to summarise the year for you by listing down the top newsmakers of 2018.
1. The blockbusters:- 2018 started on a high note. From Padmaavat, Sanju to 2.0 and Simmba, these films have set the ticket counter on fire. They have opened to strong numbers and making it the biggest hits of 2018.
2. Sridevi's demise:- Bollywood's first female superstar Sridevi ji passed away this year on 24th February after accidentally drowning in her hotel bathtub.
3. The sleeper hits:- 2018 was owned by 'content-driven' movies. Films like Andhadhun, Stree, Badhaai Ho, Raazi, to name a few, were the real show stealers of 2018.
4. Relationship status *engaged*:- One of the surprising things that happened in 2018 is that the actors came out in the open and accepted their relationship. Ranbir Kapoor in an interview confessed to dating Alia Bhatt, while Varun too made his relationship official with Natasha Dalal. Farhan Akhtar-Shibani and Arjun Kapoor-Malaika too made it official with their public appearances and social media posts.
5. Got hitched and clicked:- From Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja to Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas, all the celebrities got hitched and how!